*I received a box from Simply Earth in order to facilitate an honest review; All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.*
I love essential oils, I use them for just about everything…from cleaning to cooking, improving my health, and just plain ole making my house smell AHHmazing! That being said, I could not be more thrilled to share with all of you, a sneak peek into my new fave subscription box! The amazing folks over at Simply Earth sent me an early preview of their November Essential Oils Recipe Box, and let me tell you…IT. DOES. NOT. DISAPPOINT!
This monthly box comes with four essential oils, recipe cards to make 6 fantastic EO goodies, and most of the ingredients that are needed for them. Additionally, I also received their Big Bonus Box, which is full of extra goodies needed for creating even more amazing recipes. I am completely blown away by the sheer number of items I received, and the four bottles of essential oils are perfect for this season!
We all know that this is the time of year when we start getting colds, sniffles, and snuffles. Nobody has time for that, and I think Simply Earth knew it, because one of the fantastic recipes they included in their November box, is for Eucalyptus Shower Steamers, and it is the recipe I will be sharing with you today!
So, what does come in the November box? Let’s start with the oils themselves!
Additionally, you will receive Powdered Whole Milk, Dried Lavender Flowers, and large Tea Bag, to help make each of the following recipes
- Eucalyptus Shower Steamers
- Lime & Eucalyptus Roll-On
- Tranquility & Lime Diffuser Blend
- Lavender Buds & Tranquility Milk Bath
- Oatmeal & Milk Bath
- Chai Tea Bath Salts
Every single one of these recipes is one that I love; this box speaks to relaxation and rejuvenation. Not only are the Eucalyptus Shower Steamers great for me, but they are perfect for adding to the shower when you are having to do a little late-night steam treatment for congested kiddos, and I think we ALL know what that’s like! Eucalyptus is an amazing oil to diffuse during the colder months because it helps soothe your airways, so these Eucalyptus Shower Steamers are something you are going to want to keep around!
DIY Eucalyptus Shower Steamers
- 1/2 cup Bakin Soda
- 1 TBSP Coconut Oil (Solid)
- 1 TBSP Lavender Buds
- 5 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 5 drops Lime Essential Oil
- 1 ice cube tray or similar mold
- In a bowl, heat coconut oil until just melted (this can be done in a double boiler, or in the microwave using 10-second increments)
- Add the essential oils to the melted coconut oil, and stir
- Add Coconut Oil and EO blend to baking soda and combine
- Add Lavender buds to baking soda mix, and continue to combine until you have a wet sand consistency.
- Press mixture into an ice cube tray or another mold, then allow it to dry for 24 hours.
- Release from mold, and store in a sealed container
When you are ready to use them, just put one in the bottom of your shower, and the heat of the water will release the amazing, and soothing scents of the Eucalyptus and Lime!
I can’t even begin to tell you how truly amazing these steamers are, and if you want a chance to make some for yourself, you absolutely need to head on over to Simply Earth and reserve your November Box, they ship on the 1st! Use Code: LOVEMAMADEWSFREE when you subscribe, and you will receive a $40 gift card to use on more goodies from Simply Earth, as well as a Big Bonus Box!